AFP Virtual Event Code of Conduct
Attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors are expected to conduct themselves with integrity, collegiality and care while participating in or conducting business during an AFP virtual event. Virtual events are defined as any online platform used to curate educational sessions, meetings, business functions, or social events. This policy extends to any social events affiliated with an AFP virtual event. Conduct details include:
- Acting in a professional and appropriate manner at all times during an AFP virtual event, whether for educational, business or social functions.
- Refraining from any activity or action that could adversely reflect upon AFP or that is inconsistent with treating all AFP employees, attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors with dignity and respect.
- Refraining from use of intoxicating substances, including alcohol or drugs, while participating in an AFP virtual event.
- Respecting the opinions of fellow virtual event attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and AFP employees, leaving personal prejudices out of all discussions.
- Representing their organization in a positive and supportive manner.
- Showing respect and courteous conduct on and off of the virtual platform.
- Complying with all AFP policies, including AFP’s policy prohibiting discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation on and off virtual platforms, and at all educational, business and/or social functions online.
Once registered, you will receive a unique login for the AFP 2020 Virtual Experience platform. This login can only be used by the registrant and can not be shared. AFP will be monitoring access during the event and those found sharing a login will be removed from the AFP 2020 Virtual Experience and will not receive a refund as this breaks our policy.
AFP provides a comfortable and inclusive virtual experience for every exhibitor, sponsor, and attendee regardless of gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or any other protected category.
AFP has a zero-tolerance policy for harassment of attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, AFP employees or affiliates in any form, including, but not limited to:
- Verbal language that reinforces social structures of domination
- Sexual imagery and language
- Deliberate intimidation
- Harassing photographs or recordings
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Offensive verbal language
- Unwelcome sexual or physical attention
In relation, but not limited to:
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Body size
We encourage you to report any behavior that makes you or others feel uncomfortable. Harassment, discrimination, and disrespect are not only not tolerated, but we encourage anyone who witnesses any such behavior to report it. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please reach out to an AFP employee via telephone at (301) 907-2862 or via email at customerservice@ afponline.org.
While AFP takes all concerns raised seriously, we will use our discretion and consult qualified legal advice to determine when and how to follow up on reported incidents and may decline to take any further action and/or may direct the participant to other resources for resolution. AFP will take any action we deem appropriate, including giving verbal and written warnings, as well as expelling the offender from the event with no refund. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.